Our design services include, but are not limited to:
• Advice and recommendations
• Technical information
These are provided by any method whether it be in writing, verbally or by demonstration.
Working with regional councils around the country, we design, manufacture and install dairy effluent systems which meet the requirements of the relevant council, making it easy for farmers to be compliant today and into the future.
The programme goal is to ensure all NZ dairy farmers have effluent systems that can achieve dairy industry and wider communities’ expectations for the land application of dairy effluent.
We also provided feedback for the development of industry standards for pond design and construction and are involved in the ongoing development of the industry ‘storage calculator’. Hi-Tech Enviro has conducted audits of existing systems for farmers and corporates with large-scale dairy conversions involving thousands of cows.
WOF CERTIFIED ASSESSOR:
The Effluent WOF programme consists of a voluntary, independent inspection of a farmer’s effluent infrastructure and practices to ensure the system is compliant 365 days a year.
A 3-4 hour assessment covers the farm’s effluent consents and permitted rules, the storage capacity, nutrient loadings, soil risk, irrigator performance, off-pasture infrastructure and general health and safety requirements.
All inspections are completed by people who are fully certified as Warrant of Fitness Assessors. Every assessor has completed the Farm Dairy Effluent System Warrant of Fitness Course and a subsequent field assessment.
The WOF assessor will:
• Assess the farm’s effluent consent or permitted rules to ensure compliance.
• View the nutrient budget to understand nitrogen loadings
• Enlist the dairy effluent storage calculator to assess suitability of current storage
• Assess all equipment, catchment areas, particularly stand-offs and feedpads
• Test and rate the application depth and condition of irrigation equipment
• Dig a test pit to observe soil risk and obtain other soil data if available
• Identify Hazards and Health and Safety requirements